Translate

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The six dreaded Letters of Chronic Illness

So what are the six letters dreaded letters of Chronic illness S T R E S S.  That is right the worse thing that can happen when you are sick is to have stress in your life.  Yet, how do you avoid stress when you are feeling sick.  Furthermore how does anyone avoid stress in their life.  Are we not constantly surrounded with people, events and circumstances that STRESS us out.  The body does not like stress and if you add in a chronic illness you are setting yourself up for a major flare up.

It is vital that you learn to release stress in a positive way.  Holding on to it will only make you sicker.  I know you are thinking easier said than done.  I know just how you feel there are times that the only way that I know how to deal with stress is to scream.  I call it my fight back mode.  Yet, there are several things that you can do to fight stress in a positive way.


  1. Don't do it alone.  Hiding yourself from people when you are stressed out keeps you from sharing the load with someone that may be able to help you.
  2. Don't dwell on the negative things in Life.  We all have things that are going good in our life. When things are stressing you out think about the things that put a smile on your face.
  3. Don't be mad at your body.  Being mad at your body will only make it sicker.  Instead rejoice in the things that you can do.
  4. Pick up a hobby.  Everyone of us has something we like.  Maybe it is playing a game on the computer.  Maybe you can write letters or even start a blog.  Find something that you can use as a distraction.
  5. Don't give up.  This is the most important one that I have found useful in my battle of stress. I want to be the victor.  To do that I cannot give up I have to fight harder today than I did yesterday.  Yet, fighting gives me control and sometimes that is the best way to deal with stress.
So if you are stressed out today don't feel alone.  We all go through different stresses throughout the day.  Yet, we can make it because we are strong.  The power to be the victor is within us we can conquer stress if we just fight the hard fight.  Be sake and always remember that tomorrow is just a few hours away.

For my fellow fighters keep on fighting and remember one day they will figure this out and we will have won.  Until then don't give up hope.  It is okay to rest on bad days,  but on the good days enjoy life to your fullest because you deserve it.    

There is so much more and remember this is something that I live with and am writing from my perspective.  Talk to a doctor if you feel you may have this or any other disease because without proper diagnosis you will never get the treatment you deserve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment