Translate

Friday, February 27, 2015

Long time..No Post

Hi everybody sorry it has been a long time since I posted.

Wanted to do a quick update and a challenge for all of you.

Meniere's Disease is still keeping me under the weather.  I wish the spins would stop.  Yet, I know that this is my new normal.  I still have the balance issues and always will but I am still fighting.  I learned that on my good days enjoy them.  On my bad days just relax and prepare for my next good day.

Gastroparesis well had a few bad weeks the last month. With my stomach moving slow I have extreme gastric reflux.  Seems the slower it gets the more reflux I get.  Well my insurance company was fighting the only medicine that will give me some relief from the constant burn.
And my GP said it was also going on strike.  I think it moved slower than ever before.  So back to my limited diet.  And the wait game started.  Finally got my meds and hooray after another week of burning and unable to eat the day came that I got back to my norm.  I hope this doesn't become a once a year ritual...

Had a long overdue knee replacement in December.  Knocked me down.  the anesthesia takes me a lot longer to overcome.  I notice every time it seems to change the balance and spinning and not in a good way.  To prepare for the surgery the pacer was turned off for about five days.  So I went into surgery very ill.  It took about a meek after it came back on to start to feel relief.  So the pacer is still doing its job.

I am still in the study for gastroparesis.  I really feel like that is my best way to help find a cure.  Which is the one thing that I pray for daily.

Now for the challenge.  I am a bigger supporter of a cause that is also dear to my heart.  I lost my grandfather, 3 great uncles and a true mentor in my life to adult cancer.  I started shaving my hair 7 years ago through the group Saint Baldricks.  It is an awareness and fundraising campaign.  All of the money goes to help find a cure for childhood caner.  I truly believe if we can cure kids cancer we can find cures for those cancers adults face.

If you would like to support me in my fundraising goal you can follow the link below.  If I can figure out how to upload the shave I will be posting it to the blog.  I am also become a knight of the Bald Table which means that I have participated for a least 7 years.  I consider this one of my biggest life achievements.  The fact is that I like being able to do something for others that have life changing illnesses.  It makes me feel like I am being a beacon of light for them just like their courage and bravery is a beacon of light for me.  To make any size donation just follow this link.  Thanks

https://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/deaconmichelle

For my fellow fighters keep on fighting and remember one day they will figure this out and we will have won.  Until then don't give up hope.  It is okay to rest on bad days,  but on the good days enjoy life to your fullest because you deserve it.    

There is so much more and remember this is something that I live with and am writing from my perspective.  Talk to a doctor if you feel you may have this or any other disease because without proper diagnosis you will never get the treatment you deserve.

2 comments:

  1. I hope that you have better tummy days ahead. Keeping you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You... pray everyday for the other fighters...I still feel lucky and somedays the tummy takes you down. yet you have to keep focused on the days that you will be better

    ReplyDelete