Translate

Friday, November 15, 2013

Changing i can't to I CAN

It is easy when you do not feel well to think about all the things that i can't do anymore.  I could spend my entire day concentrating on the negative side of life.  I could concentrate on all the things that I did before.  I could stress over the things I wished I could do.  Yet, who does that help.  It sure doesn't help me make it through the day.  It also runs away people that might like to be around me.  So today practice turning i can't into I CAN.

I CAN think.  I have the ability to think through the fog and do some of the things that I love.  I CAN imagine and read books.  I have the mind to be set free from my negativity.  I CAN have the brain and willpower to make it through this day.

I CAN live.  I was blessed with waking up this morning.  Doesn't mean it is a perfect day, but I CAN breathe.  I CAN go into today with a positive outlook.  Those are the things that I CAN choose today to help me make it one more day.

I CAN dream.  This is one of those things that no one can take away from me.  It doesn't matter if I am awake or asleep I CAN dream of the day when cures are found.  I CAN dream of days when peace conquers all.  I CAN dream of a day when there is no sickness or war.  This is something that I have been given because I choose not to allow the part of me that wants to dwell on the sad side of things to win.

I CAN motivate and inspire people.  There isn't a day that someone doesn't tell me that they look up to me for what I am doing.  They know how bad I feel, yet they see that I just will not throw in the towel.  No matter what I CAN be the person that shows that you do not have to crawl in a hole when you are sick and give up.

Lastly, I CAN be a great Fighter.  I Can bring awareness to illnesses that most people don't know about.  I CAN use every last bit of my energy and strength to ensure that everyone understands how wonderful they are.  I CAN teach by example if today only one person learns how to start fighting instead of giving up.  I HAVE WON.

Yes, it is hard sometimes to think this way.  i can't is very easy to fall into because there are so many things that change when you get sick.  Yet, I CAN is also easy to fall into when you give it your all.  My best doesn't mean that it is better than others.  Yet, I know I gave it what I could give it that day.  Tomorrow might not be as good, yet I CAN hope that it will be better.  As long as you look for the silver lining you will be blessed.

For my fellow fighters keep on fighting and remember one day they will figure this out and we will have won.  Until then don't give up hope.  It is okay to rest on bad days,  but on the good days enjoy life to your fullest because you deserve it.    

There is so much more and remember this is something that I live with and am writing from my perspective.  Talk to a doctor if you feel you may have this or any other disease because without proper diagnosis you will never get the treatment you deserve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment